The exploding complexity of systems is forcing organizations to go new ways with model-based systems engineering. Siloed information, resulting from variety in tools, information overflow and media breaks is challenging every engineering organization today.
smartfacts unifies documents and models independent of tools and vendors on a single web-based platform to foster easy access, collaboration, cross-model traceability and powerful analysis. Continue to use your tools of choice to build and maintain models – use smartfacts to share, collaborate and gain an overview and information consistency of all your models.
Register for your personal demo today!
Easy web access to all models
Get access to all of your ARIS, Enterprise Architect, Innovator, MagicDraw, DOORS, PowerDesigner, PowerPoint and VISIO models in one space. All versions of all your models accessible using your web browser. We support many additional tools and standard formats – ask us to find out more!
Maintaining and improving your models is a task that requires a great deal of collaboration. In smartfacts, you have these discussions and reviews directly in the context of your models. This streamlined communication ensures that all participants view and participate in the same conversations regardless of their location and real-time availability.
In smartfacts you easily achieve traceability across all your models and requirements, regardless of which tool was used to create them.
Now that all of your models are in one place, extensive analysis features provide insights across your entire IT infrastructure. With the suspect link feature, you determine what other models or elements may need updating due to specific changes. With the graphical version comparison, you easily understand how models have evolved over time.
Integration in the tools you use
The power of smartfacts is available directly in your tool of choice as a plug-in to increase your productivity. Our current plug-ins include PowerPoint, Word, Visual Studio, Enterprise Architect and Innovator.
Take a closer look
Publishing with a few clicks
- Publishing your models has never been this easy.
- Modelers use the 4-step publishing wizard in their tool of choice to push a snapshot of the model to smartfacts.
- Once the model is in smartfacts, users are granted access by the model owner
The global model tree
- Unique in the industry: a single tree structure with all of your models enterprise-wide.
- After selecting a model and its version, you drill into the model content like you do in your modeling tool.
Search the way you always wanted to
- Search like you do with Google across all models and related artifacts in your smartfacts.
- smartfacts ensures with its governance mechanisms that users only find the content that they are permitted to consume based on the content’s visibility settings.
- Dynamic filters help you find what you’re looking for within seconds.
Start conversations in your models
- Collaboration is essential in maintaining and evolving your models. That’s why we make it easy to start a conversation with your team with very specific model context.
- A conversation can be started in the context of a diagram or a model element, as well as in the general context of the model.
- Additional references to other models or model elements can easily be inserted into each message.
- smartfacts provides additional contextual information in diagrams to indicate where there are existing conversations or attachments.
- Links to other models and elements are also highlighted for easy traceability and navigation within and across your models.
- In smartfacts diagrams, the information that you need is only 1 click away.
Compare diagram versions graphically
- There’s no easier way to compare how a diagram has evolved over time. smartfacts graphical version comparison gives you a quick but comprehensive overview of the differences.
- Added elements are highlighted in green, deleted elements in red and modified elements in blue.
Compare element versions by attribute
- For all model elements, smartfacts offers an easy attribute-based comparison where highlighted rows indicate differences.
- For more in-depth analysis, you compare multiple versions at once.
Traceability from requirements to models
- Since smartfacts can contain both your requirements (in ReqIF format) and models, it enables you to link your requirements directly to elements in your diagrams.
- These links become “suspect” when changes are published to the linked requirement, ensuring that dependencies are not forgotten and can easily be reviewed and addressed in smartfacts.
- smartfacts provides traceability across all models, regardless of which tools were used to create them.
- Creating links between models from different tools is as easy as selecting the desired element from each diagram in a side-by-side view and adding a link. Links between diagrams are also possible.
Seamless integration with tools
- smartfacts can even be started from within a modeling tool – here from within Enterprise Architect.
- Seamless integration allows navigation from smartfacts content into the original project browser and vice versa.
- Immediately participate in conversations of your team from within Enterprise Architect.
Q & A
smartfacts is THE platform for sharing model based content. No matter if you are a business analyst, a program manager, and IT or enterprise architect, the digital dna of your business is accessible easily and independent of tool on one web platform.
Currently we support Adonis, ARIS, Erwin, Enterprise Architect, Innovator, PowerDesigner, PowerPoint, Signavio, VISIO as well as the standards ReqIF, XMI, BPMN2. We continuously work to extend the list. We will cover all well-known tools.
Basically there are two ways: For some tools we have built plugins that provide a little wizard by which you upload your models. Other tools’ models get imported by a file upload. You find the details here: www.smartfacts.com/en/plug-ins
No. smartfacts is a publishing platform for model based content and documents. You cannot change models or build new models as of today.
You might want to reference to a diagram from within Word or PowerPoint. By using the smartfacts plugin you can easily add diagrams to your document and keep it up to date, e.g. change the version or participate in a smartfacts conversation.
No. smartfacts does not limit the size of individual models, however it will take longer to import larger models.
There is no limit in the number of versions you publish of a model.
Most customers use smartfacts on our multi tenancy public cloud. You may also choose the self-hosted version and run smartfacts on premise. That requires two virtual machines.
Yes, the smartfacts webapp has been developed based on a layer of REST services. We publish these services in a REST API. You may register for a new project and get the details here: http://developer.smartfacts.com/.